Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic for Lyme Disease Treatment in Oceanside, CA
Signs and Symptoms of Lyme Disease
Every year, reports show that hundreds of people in the US are bitten by ticks. Of these hundreds, a small percentage develop an illness called Lyme disease. Lyme disease can affect both adults and children, and has varying degrees of severity in symptoms. It is spread by ticks, which are tiny, brown insects found in moist outdoor environments. Being aware of tick bites is one of the first steps to avoiding and preventing Lyme disease.
At 8-2-8 Urgent Care, located in beautiful Oceanside, CA, our medical professionals are very experienced in diagnosing and treating Lyme disease. Here is some basic information on the different stages and symptoms of Lyme disease:
Early Localized Stage:
- Occurs usually within the first month of a tick bite.
- Symptoms include a red expanding rash, chills, fever, muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, or headaches.
Early Disseminated Stage:
- Occurs usually days or weeks after a tick bite.
- Symptoms can include Bell’s palsy, severe headaches or stiffness, pain and swelling in the joints, shooting pains, or heart palpitations.
Late Disseminated Stage:
- Occurs usually months or years after a tick bite without treatment.
- Untreated infections can lead to arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling (often in the knees). A small percentage of Lyme disease cases can lead to neurological complications, such as tingling of the hands and problems with memory.
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a tick, it is important to see a physician as soon as possible in order to catch Lyme disease in its early stages. Our experienced and professional physicians at 8-2-8 Urgent Care can help you out in no time! Simply walk-in, no appointment needed, to receive treatment or more information about Lyme Disease.