With over 55 million confirmed coronavirus cases and over 1.3 million fatalities, the pandemic is still raging globally. Even though the doctors and medical experts continue to learn more about this infectious disease, there is still no clear answer to the long term implications of COVID-19.
However, emerging pieces of evidence point out that those who recover from it may face several long-term issues, including shortness of breath, headaches, and confusion, etc. Other impacts of COVID-19 include neurological conditions and mental health issues. While data is still limited and uncertain, it is still strongly advised to take strict precautions to recover successfully and quickly from COVID-19.
Following are some useful COVID-19 post-care tips:
- Give yourself some time – Do not expect yourself to bounce back to your old habits as soon as you test negative for COVID–19. Take it one day at a time. You can concentrate your energy levels to get better with ease. Adjust your expectations with yourself accordingly, and do not push yourself. Keep in mind that you just fought a dangerous illness. Hence, it is better to get into your old activities gradually, rather than just diving in.
- Have a healthy eating routine – Have cooked food that is simple to process for the body and make sure that it is loaded with organic products, vegetables, eggs, and safe poultry to compensate for the lost appetite. Do not overexert or eat undesirable food items.
- Revise your medications – It is strongly advised to closely monitor your symptoms (checking blood pressure, sugar levels, etc.). Consult your doctor if you have any chronic illness for which you take regular medication. Any wrong dosage of medicines can be dangerous in such a situation.
- Maintain your physical and mental health – Gradually incorporate exercise into your routine as you recover to maintain your physical and psychological health. The virus can damage your memory cells. To enhance your mental health, cognitive thinking abilities, and memory, spend time every day to play puzzles, memory games, and activities to rejuvenate your mind. Start with simpler activities and slowly challenge yourself to rebuild your mental strength.
- Focus on warning signs – It is vital to focus on any noticeable signs that your body is not improving post-COVID. Keep your primary care physician posted on your health progress so you can recover from COVID-19 smoothly.
- Make space for loved ones in your recovery journey – Always keep in mind that your body needs enough opportunity and proper rest to recover from COVID-19. So, taking help from people around you or involving someone close while recovering is beneficial for you. Seek support whenever you need it to conserve your energy and battle fatigue.
Even if you follow such post-care tips, it is still necessary to continually practice precautionary measures to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus. These include social distancing, wearing a mask, and washing your hands regularly.
Covid-19 testing is now available at 8-2-8 Urgent Care Clinic. We are a walk-in clinic based in Oceanside, CA, and are open every day from 8 am to 8 pm. Call us if you have coronavirus symptoms and wish to get tested. If you are suffering from COVID-19 and facing any emergency warning signs like trouble breathing, seek medical help immediately. For more information, please visit our website.