Certified Physical Exams at Our Walk-In Clinic near Oceanside, CA
8-2-8 Urgent Care Doctors Provide Physical Examinations for Children and Adults
At 8-2-8 Urgent Care and Walk-In Clinic in Oceanside, we provide physical exams for:
- Drivers License
All of our physical exams are performed by experienced physicians. With no appointment needed, you can stop by any day of the year, including holidays, from 8 am to 8 pm to receive fast and high quality medical care.
What You Should Bring:
If your school or organization requires a specific form for the physical, please bring it with you. Otherwise, we have a standard form suitable in most cases.
The doctors will ask some of these questions and more:
- Serious illnesses among other family members
- Illnesses that you had when you were younger or may have now, such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Past injuries
- Any medications that you are on
- Does the athlete have asthma (wheezing), hay fever, or coughing spells after exercise?
- Has the athlete ever stopped exercising because of dizziness or passed out during exercise?
- Has the athlete ever suffered a heat-related illness (heat stroke)?
During the physical part of the exam, the doctor will usually:
- Record your height and weight
- Take a blood pressure and pulse (heart rate and rhythm) reading
- Test your vision
- Check your heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate your posture, joints, strength, and flexibility
Why it’s important
The exam helps determine whether it’s safe for you to participate in a particular activity. Most states require adolescent athletes to have a sports physical before they can start a new sport or begin a new competitive season.
Please walk in or call our office at (760) 227-7009 if you have any questions.